Monday, October 12, 2009

Free Reading Website for Children






Starfall is an excellent (and free) website that teaches early reading skills to children. My 3-year-old son would spend hours on this website if I let him. His 20-month-old brother watches over his shoulder, soaking it all in. They have both learned so much from these activities, and I see no need to buy expensive computer programs as long as Starfall is available.

Although it's great for preschoolers, it has material that's good for higher-level readers as well. I know elementary school teachers who use it in the classroom. I've also heard it's great for children with learning disabilities, like dyslexia and language processing disorders.
Free Reading Website for ChildrenSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is fantastic Rebecca that your son has learned so much. How old are your children? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great website. I just ordered one of my favorite alphabet books for the boys. Look for it in about 3 to 5 days! Keep this great info coming :)

    ReplyDelete