Sunday, October 11, 2009

Target Specials - October 11 to 17











Click here to view this week's sales flyer at Target.

First of all, I'd like to share an interesting anecdote I read on A Thrifty Mom's website called, Target Repentance to Couponers?. In a nutshell, an anonymous Target employee reported that the store management has instructed clerks to be very liberal and agreeable with people using coupons. I don't know how accurate this information is, but I can say that the employees at Target were very agreeable with me today about my coupons!

Case in point - I received a coupon in the mail on Saturday for $5 off a $50 purchase of home goods. Since the coupon didn't specify, I asked the person at the customer service desk what qualified as "home goods". They said it didn't really matter as long as the total purchases equaled at least $50. Very nice!

Here are some of the best deals I got:
  • Skippy Natural Peanut Butter - 23 cents a jar
    Skippy is on sale at Walgreens 3 for $5. Show the Walgreens sales flyer at the customer service desk to get this price. Click here for a $1-off Target coupon (go to Target Coupon Generator). Add that to the 40-cents-off manufacturer coupon that came in the newspaper on Sunday, October 4. I had multiple coupons, so I was able to purchase 3 jars for a total of 70 cents. That's 23 cents for each jar!
  • Kashi Thin Crust Margherita Pizza - $1 each
    This particular type of pizza is marked at $2.48 (regular price) at my Target. All three times I've bought this, it rang up at $4.49, but I just asked them to correct it and they did. Click here for a $1-off Kashi Pizza (look for Target Coupon Generator). There are also a lot of Kashi manufacturer coupons floating around right now. I combined my store coupons with a $1.50/2-manufacturer coupon that I picked up at a sample table at Target a few weeks ago. I paid slightly less than a $1 for each pizza!
  • Muir Glen Soup - 85 cents a can
    This soup is on sale for $1.85. Click here for $1-off coupons to Muir Glen. I printed off two coupons, so I got two cans for 85 cents each!
  • Nature Valley Nut Clusters - $1.40 a bag
    This was on sale for $2.50. Click here for coupons. I'm not sure I would buy this product again since it contains a lot of sugar and it's not organic (it's easy enough to get good deals on organic granola). However, I had a $1.60-off coupon, and I was willing to try it out for $1.40 a bag. It kept the boys happy while we shopped.
  • Simply Asia - $2.50 each
    These pre-packaged meals were on sale 2 for $5. My husband likes to eat these for lunch at work.
  • Children's Graphic Ts - $2.80 each
    Selected prints are on clearance for $2.80. I got matching shirts for my boys that say, "Be Green". How perfect!
Target Specials - October 11 to 17SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment