Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Cancer-Fighting Cauliflower















Click HERE for an interesting article about the cancer-fighting properties of cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage. It's important to note that you get the most benefit when they are eaten raw.

I got a lovely little organic cauliflower with my Sweetwater harvest the other day. In hindsight, I wish I had eaten it raw to get the full cancer-fighting benefits. However, I made this very delicious cauliflower n' cheese. It's a much healthier alternative to mac n' cheese. I actually prefer the taste and texture of the cauliflower to pasta. Here's how I made it:

1) lightly steam the cauliflower
2) in a saucepan, melt a few teaspoons of butter, cheese and milk
3) pour the sauce over the steamed cauliflower and put in the oven until golden brown

Click HERE for a $1-off coupon for Kraft cheese.
The Cancer-Fighting CauliflowerSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment