Monday, July 12, 2010

The Slow Cook Has Got Me Thinking









If you read my blog post from a few days ago called How to Create Healthy Recipes You'll Love, you know that I've gleaned a fair amount of inspiration in the kitchen over the past few years from an article written by Ed Bruske, a personal chef and Washington Post food columnist. So I was tickled to discover this same writer had mentioned my post on his blog a few days later in an article called The Spreadsheet Diet. He was even kind enough to include some of his recipes I wasn't able to find on the internet.

While his article answered some questions, it also presented some new ones for me....

First of all, what is this "slow food" movement I've been hearing about? I want to learn more.

Second, Bruske says in his article: "I don’t eat grains or legumes or other starchy carbs any more if I can help it. But I recognize that many people consider these foods extremely healthful, and I  agree: if you are going to eat carbohydrates, focus on whole grains and legumes with lots of fiber, Avoid sugar, refined grains and other starchy foods (french fries!) at all costs"

Really? No grains or legumes? Well, that certainly piqued my attention. I'd like to know more about that.

It looks like I still have something to learn from Ed Bruske. I look forward to reading more on his blog. In the meantime, anyone care to share what they know about these topics?

On a separate note, a very thoughtful reader was able to find the links from Bruske's original Washington Post article. So, here they are:

Recipes That Top the Charts 
Spreadsheet Categories
How it Works (about 3/4 of the way down)
The Spreadsheet Diet

I love this kind of exchange of information. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and ideas. I always appreciate it.
The Slow Cook Has Got Me ThinkingSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment