Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ideas for Stockpiling Bread














Nature's Pride 100% Whole Wheat bread is BOGO (buy one get one free) at Publix through Wednesday, October 21 (click here for more information about this week's sales at Publix).

I never buy bread unless it's BOGO. I stock up and freeze it. Whenever I need a new loaf, I just take one out of the freezer and sit it on the counter. Within a few hours it's as good as new. If I can't wait a few hours, I just toast it.

Skeptical about freezing your bread? I've always been a bit of a freezer snob. I just don't typically like the way food tastes after it's been frozen. However, my mother persuaded me to give it a try, and after that I was convinced. I've never paid full price for bread again! Mom always knows best.

Trying to find the healthiest bread?
  • Look for 100% whole wheat flour as the first ingredient.
  • Don't get fooled by the use of the term "wheat" on the front of the package - check the ingredients to be sure.
  • Avoid high-fructose corn syrup.
  • Avoid sugar if it's near the top of the list of ingredients.
  • Avoid enriched flour or any flour that's not whole grain.
Ideas for Stockpiling BreadSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment