Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cole Slaw that Fights Cancer











I recently posted about the cancer-fighting properties of raw cruciferous vegetables, like cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage. Click HERE for an interesting article about it.

The article specifically mentions the link between crucifers and bladder cancer. Since we have a loved-one who is battling bladder cancer, I decided to come up with some tasty recipes for him.

I immediately thought of this outstanding cole slaw made by a family friend. I made it last night from an organic head of cabbage we got from our Sweetwater harvest. It was delightful! I like it so much better than the traditional mayonnaise-based cole slaws. The onions really give it a nice kick. Thanks Mrs. S for sharing!

Here's the recipe - enjoy!

1 head of cabbage sliced thin (I used a food processor)
1 small sweet onion
olive oil to generously coat the cabbage and onions
about 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon
salt and pepper

I thought some toasted almond slivers might be a nice addition. I'm going to try that for lunch today.
Cole Slaw that Fights CancerSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment