Monday, February 22, 2010

My Vegan Experiment - Day 2

The second full day of My Vegan Experiment went swimmingly! I experienced some noticeable improvements with my digestion and congestion. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't really have any strong desires for anything that was off limits.

There was one moment when I felt like I needed something, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. This is a feeling that would normally cause me to eat something that doesn't serve me well. I quickly reached for my emergency snack - organic raw cashews (from the freezer) and dried cranberries. Oddly enough, putting the cashews in the freezer and mixing them with cranberries somehow makes them taste like an amazing treat to me.

Here's what I ate today. I did better than yesterday, considering I ate more vegetables. However, at some point I need to do a nutritional analysis to see if I'm getting everything I need. I think I'm doing fine on protein. I'm just not sure if I'm hitting all the vitamins and minerals.
I did have one "oh no" moment when I realized I wasn't going to be able to have my usual homemade honey-mustard dressing. I just made it with mustard and olive oil, sans honey. It was just fine. Less sugar is certainly a good thing.
My Vegan Experiment - Day 2SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment