Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Vegan Experiment - Day 5

I almost ate a Samoa today! I was out of my predictable home environment, and I got blindsided with an offer of a Girl Scout cookie. As a former Girl Scout, how could I say no, right? I had it in my hand and was just about to eat it before I remembered that I was in the middle of My Vegan Experiment. Wamp wah. There was a moment of disappointment, but I was mostly embarrassed I had picked up the cookie and then put it back on the plate.

I think I did pretty well today with my food choices. I noticed the less sugar I eat, the less cravings I seem to have. Maybe sugar is really more of an issue for me than eggs and dairy. I also realized I'm not drinking enough water.
  • coffee with rice milk
  • my perfect breakfast - this time with fresh raspberries instead of cranberries
  • whole grain wrap with hummus, lettuce, spinach, carrots, radish, and kohlrabi (it can be hard to find an acceptable tortilla wrap, but La Tortilla Factory offers a nice soft wrap with 13 g of fiber, 8 g of protein, and no hydrogenated oil or high-fructose corn syrup)
  • orange juice
  • organic raw cashews
  • fresh strawberries
  • earl grey tea with rice milk
  • quinoa with sauteed spinach, red peppers and mushrooms
By the way, thanks to a suggestion by a reader, I'm going to give the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart a try. It starts on Monday, March 1. If you think you might be interested in trying the vegan thing, check it out!
My Vegan Experiment - Day 5SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment